Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) - Amsterdam
Are you looking to make your mark on a platform that touches millions of people globally? Then you’re at the right place. We designed a social dating experience that changes the course of singles lives and dares them to date better.
The goal of the role is to be the driving force behind global user growth while building a recognisable high quality love brand of choice for singles. Changing the course of their lives by helping us to achieve our mission of:
“Every second a member gets together (currently every 7 seconds)”
It's an amazing time to be part of the Inner Circle team, since we are continuing to expand to new markets globally.
The role in short
We are looking for an experienced and senior CMO to complete our Management team. Ideally you combine 1. experience in supporting the strategic growth of scale up companies across international markets, with 2. expertise in building a global brand, 3. leading a team of international marketers (currently 16 FT, of which 3 vacancies) while 4. bringing in experience across the full marketing mix with a solid knowledge of digital.
Apart from the right skills and experience you are a strong personality with a strategic mindset, a positive and opportunity driven team player that is fun to work with and is passionate to help us achieve our growth goals.
As Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) you oversee all global marketing; building on, and further develop and challenge the existing marketing plan, brand vision and strategy. You will be accountable for growing our user base worldwide. This position is based in our new cool office in Amsterdam and reports directly to the Managing Director.
Build a global high quality dating brand
- We recently finalised our updated value proposition. Within the dating landscape we position Inner Circle as a ‘high quality dating app’: we screen our member base on safety, effort and mindset. This way we make sure profiles and audience on Inner Circle are better.
- Our brand promise is ‘dare to date better’, since we challenge members to up their dating game. Our brand values are daring, authentic and ambitious.
- The new CMO will be responsible for building out our global brand position. Bringing in extensive experience in targeting the right audiences, building the right communication and campaigns across all marketing channels.
- Working together with our small but mighty team and external experts where we need them. You ensure consistency across all channels, have a high quality standard, both verbally and visually. And just love to build brands!
Drive market expansion and customer growth
- You lead a data driven marketing strategy, using insights to launch in new markets, develop campaigns, targeting and messaging.
- Together with the MT you create forecasts, set budgets and targets by market and their maturity to ensure a sustainable growth strategy.
- You create strategic planning across all channels. Implement processes to scale efficiently and oversee the global activities,using the right tooling to have a well planned and easy way of working.
Build, motivate and lead the global marketing team
- You are responsible for the management of our international team: Growth Marketeers (2), Content Marketeers (1), Campaign Manager Brand (1), Media Partnerships Manager (2), CRM (1), PR & Comms Managers (2) and Events / Experience Manager (1), and Brazilian marketing team (3). The teams are based in Amsterdam, London and Sao Paulo.
- You have a vision on how to grow the team in the right way and to expand internationally.
- You continuously challenge the team to be ambitious in achieving results, daring to test new things and to think big, to do this in their own authentic way. You coach the team to innovate and identify new opportunities for user growth.
What will make you successful?
- You have experience in driving the strategic growth of (start / scale up) B2C companies across global markets, leading teams of marketers and have experience across the full marketing mix with a solid knowledge of digital.
- You are data driven, creative and excited about working for a dating platform. Ideally you have international marketing experience, have been part of a MT and know how to roll out amazing ATL & BTL global marketing campaigns. You are a star in implementing ways of working and processes.
- And although strategic & management skills are key, working at a scaleup also requires being hands on, hustle and being flexible to the ever and fast changing business dynamics you operate within.
- to meet the company goals and targets
Build effective teams
- the team has to do it (eventually)
- in a scale-up things change fast
Make data talk
- to know what matters most
- always have a clear vision
Commercial - to make smart deals
At Inner Circle, we embrace our diverse community and team. We celebrate differences and know that they are key for helping us grow. Whatever your race, religion, colour, gender, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or age, we make sure everyone has the space to be themselves.
Does this role sound like your perfect match? Apply today!