(Full stack) Data scientist - Amsterdam
Are you an experienced Full Stack Data Scientist looking to make your mark on a platform that touches the hearts of millions of people? Then you’re at the right place. We designed a social dating experience that brings people together and changes the course of their life.
Inner Circle helps busy, life-loving singles meet their match in real life. Since its inception in 2012, Inner Circle has rapidly expanded and is currently active in more than 40 cities across the world with more than 3 million members and thousands of amazing love stories to tell. Inner Circle brings singles together in real life through the app and website.
We are a small but mighty team of 27 who are passionate about dating, tech, and getting people together. Inner Circle won the Deloitte Fast 50 in 2018, as the fastest growing technology company. The company is profitable and healthy and we take good care of our team. Our offices are in Amsterdam (HQ), London, Dnipro and São Paulo.
What you’ll be doing
We pride ourselves on being data-driven decision-makers here at Inner Circle.
As the first Data Scientist at Inner Circle, you will get ownership of the data domain, maximizing the value of our matching platform as well as enabling teams to make the best decisions based on data and insights.
From start, you will get your hands dirty, build business cases and make an impact across all customer touchpoints, from the earliest touchpoint in the marketing funnel, to the core Inner Circle apps on web and mobile, down to CRM. Over time you will Lead and Expand your Data & BI team to meet the growing challenges of a scale-up.
With hundreds of millions of likes, messages and images exchanged monthly, there is an incredibly exciting opportunity to further develop your data science skills, while at the same time shaping the way people get together, and with that change the course of their lives!
- You proactively drive and deliver (advanced) analytical solutions for complex growth or product-related challenges (e.g. behavioral clustering, pattern mining, revenue/churn predictions, business-models quantitative assessments, argumentation for new pricing strategies, etc.)
- You drive improvements to the recommender systems by coordinating, building and deploying effective (auto) ML/AI models (e.g. one of the key challenges is to efficiently determine who should be recommended to match together - to find the best matches that satisfy both requirements).
- You drive automation and optimization of the key business processes as well as core improvements of the end-user experience through the use of computer vision, NLP, and ML models (automated detection of scam and fake profiles, rude and inappropriate behavior in conversations, etc).
- You take the lead on data and BI, working closely with product, engineering, marketing and other teams to make sure they have accurate self-service analytics and are able to leverage those tools to make the right decisions.
- You work closely with our engineers to build out a scalable data infrastructure that acts as a single source of truth.
What will make you successful
- You are excited about leveraging data to bring people together.
- You have at least 5+ years of professional experience as a full-stack data scientist.
- You have solid technical knowledge and confidence in terms of programming, scripting, querying, and working with large data sets (strong Python and SQL essential).
- You have demonstrable experience ML models from initial conception right through to the final production model.
- You have strong knowledge in additional areas of data science such as computer vision and NLP.
- You have hands-on experience setting up and working with data visualization and analytics tools (Tableau, Looker, Google Analytics, Amplitude, etc).
- You communicate clearly, listen, and show empathy as a foundation for effective collaboration.
- You have strong prioritization and project management skills, understanding of business impact for various solutions.
- You are able to turn complex business problems and data insights into clear business cases that are easy to understand and practical to act on for cross-functional teams.
- You are goal-oriented and driven by making an impact.
- You are humble, organized, ambitious and always looking to learn.
What we offer
- A chance to make a positive, life-changing impact on people's lives, by leveraging our data
- A competitive salary matched with your experience and ambition
- The fun and hustle of a tech scale-up, inside a small but profitable company
- Monthly Bring Your Own Device compensation
- Monthly Stay Healthy allowance
- A Macbook or other hardware of your choice to be able to do your job
- Training and development budget
- An annual trip with the whole company (when COVID-19 restrictions are lifted again)
- Frequent team get-togethers (when COVID-19 restrictions are lifted again)
- Monthly Inner Circle events to meet all the cool members IRL (when COVID-19 restrictions are lifted again)
- Free Inner Circle VIP membership for you and your single friends
- An amazing work environment in our own 400 m2 office at Prins Hendrikkade, at the heart of Amsterdam
Sounds like your dream role? Apply today with a short cover letter and your resume (in English, please).
Note: You must have to have permission to work in the EU. We are unable to provide relocation for this position.
Sounds like something you’d be interested in? Apply directly or call our recruiter Oscar van Dijk on 0031 6 53767585 for more information.